Turning downtime into uptime since 2013
Share unites community resources to create space for teens to flourish mentally, physically and socially beyond school hours.
Our Vision is that teens attending Lawrence Township Schools are safe, engaged, active, learning and serving when they are on breaks from school.
Share provides activities for teens in Lawrence Township on summer and school breaks at LOW or NO COST that are FUN, SAFE, ENGAGING and ENRICHING.
Do you remember your spring and summer breaks? The good ones were warm days of freedom, friends, biking, and exploring.
Today youth spend more time alone and inactive, stuck in neighborhoods and apartments that aren’t connected to the community. Share helps students connect with the joy of summer you may have had when you were growing up.
While many other community programs stop by the early teen years, ours are geared towards kids between ages 12-18. We provide transportation, so if you work during the day, we can bring your students to our activities.
We also keep fees low and provide scholarships for kids to participate.
WHAT DOES A SHARE SUMMER LOOK LIKE?
Who: We run activities for youth age 12-18 who attend Lawrence Township Schools. Younger brothers and sisters may attend with permission if the teens participating are the only caregivers during school breaks. NOTE: siblings MUST turn 8 years old before June 1 to be eligible to participate.
Where: We meet at Castleton United Methodist Church at 71st & Shadeland. From there, we travel to lots of places for outdoor activities, enrichment, and service learning.
When: Our activities are on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Share typically meets for 6 weeks Monday through Thursday with optional Friday trips. We typically meet from noon-4:30. We also gather each time school is out for one week or longer during the school year.
What: Here’s what each student does through Share:
- Youth will experience critical service learning activities that will enable them to view themselves as agents of positive change in their communities.
- Youth will go swimming, hiking, canoeing, climbing, play basketball, and stay active.
- Participate in visual and/or performing arts projects.
- Engage in STEM learning activities such as gardening, coding, and robotics.
Transportation: Students living inside the Metropolitan School District of Lawrence Township’s boundaries can get transportation if needed. Students may need to walk to a safe pick up location in their apartment complex or neighborhood.
- $150 all 6 weeks (Families registering 3 or more students $100 each)
- $50 all 6 week for families eligible for free or reduced lunch (Family maximum $200)
- $5 Friday trips for enrolled Share students will require pre-payment and pre-registration on a first come, first served basis. More information will be given at our pre-camp parent meeting.
Payment plans available for all families if needed.
Hours of operation: Student pick-up starts at 11 a.m. on each activity day. Share returns students to home or to their drop off site beginning at 4:30 pm.
Food: Share provides lunch and snacks for each participant on each activity day.
Teens WANT to be here! Why??
TAKE A LOOK INSIDE SHARE-LT
and hear from one of our students on what Share-LT has meant to her!
GET INVOLVED WITH SHARE!!