JOIN THE SHARE-LT TEAM
Make a difference for teenagers with Share-LT
SHARE Summer Day leader Job Description Summer 2020
Position: SHARE Student Group Summer Day Leader
Date updated: February 2020
Ideal Candidate: A SHARE day leader should be an energetic and organized individual who has an understanding of the youth who will be attending and is passionate about mentoring students and forming relationships that will enrich the students and their experiences as they participate in activities.
- Prior experience working with youth ages 12-18
- Ability to work as part of a team in a diverse environment
- Embracing flexibility and adaptability in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multitask
- Promotes honesty and transparency
- Comfortable in difficult situations
Qualifications: Must be 20 yrs. or above and have prior experience working with students.
- CPR/First Aid certified; willingness to complete training
- Clear Background Check
Status: Part-time up to 35 hrs. per week June and July
Supervisors: Share Director and SHARE Site Director (during June and July)
- Participate in staff training prior to camp start date
- Spend time developing mentoring relationships with students; encouraging them, keeping them positively focused and engaged in activities.
- As situations arise, apply good judgment to ensure the safety of students and volunteers and maintain a positive image for SHARE and its community partners. Follow direct SHARE behavior policy.
- Maintain high attendance and timeliness
- Assist in maintaining the following documentation: Student registration waivers, Student attendance, Volunteer attendance, and any pertinent incident reporting forms if necessary.
- Assist in organizing an assigned program component: transportation, food handling, student check-in and attendance, medications, and volunteer management
- Facilitating workshops and specific activities
- Chaperoning off-site field trips
- Self-motivated and independent
- Positive and enthusiastic style, capable of motivating others
- Skills and energies to build an effective team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Term of Employment: June 2, 2020-July 24, 2020; Required to be available during the entire program timeframe. Mandatory training will take place in May. Core hours are 11 am-5:30 PM Tuesday through Thursday, plus 3 Fridays over the course of the program. A 1-hour team meeting weekly, time TBD, will also be required. An additional 6-8 hours per week of planning time may be necessary outside of scheduled meetings to be adequately prepared for each day.
Compensation: $11-$14/hr based on experience
References: 3 references required